Arms Race mode for Half-Life. The objective is to get a kill with every weapon in the game in. By killing someone you get new weapons. From v.2.0 this plugin supports all Half-Life mods.
This plugin adds new game mode “Arms Race”. All players start with the same weapon and get a new one each time they kill an enemy. The first player to get a kill with every weapon wins the match.
Version: 2.1 [01.11.2014] [ SVN ]
- Opposing Force
- Day Of Defeat
- Adrenaline Gamer
AMXX 1.8.2 hg26 or higher.
Working Hamsandwich module.
- Extract archive to amxmodx folder.
- Compile plugin from source.
- You can use compile.exe. Compiled plugin should be in compiled folder.
- Copy compiled plugin gungame.amxx to addons/amxmodx/plugins folder.
- Add gungame.amxx line somewhere in addons/amxmodx/configs/plugins.ini file.
- AGHL_COLOR – color messages for Bugfixed And Improved HL Release users.
- HLWPNMOD – Half-Life WeaponMod support.
- CSCOLOR – colored messages in Counter-Strike 1.6.Don’t forget to replace gungame.txt dictionary with gungame_cstrike.txt.
You can find plugin configuration files in addons/amxmodx/configs/gungame folder.
Main configuration file is gungame.ini. Configuration files are written in XML like structure. All settings are split into elements, the beginning and the end of the element must be marked with special tags.
Element should start with <element> tag and end with </element> tag.
Settings inside elments are denoted as: setting name = setting value.
Element list and settings description
cvars – for plugin cvars.
sets – for weapons order. This element contains sub-element level.
level – for level settings. Must be placed in sets element. This element has following settings and subelements:
- name – level name. Weapon name will be used if not set.
- kills – kills count to pass this level.
- skip – required players count for this level. Level will be skipped if no enough players.
- icon – status icon sprite for this level. You can view sprites list in sprites/hud.txt file. Note: not all mods support status icon.
- botcant – level skip for bots. 1 for enable, 0 for disable.
- equip element – level equipments. For westrongapons you ca/spann enable auto-refill by following settings:
- clip – clip value.
- refil_time_1 – refill time for primary ammo.
- refil_ammount_1 – refill amount for primary ammo.
- disable_fullammo_1 – enable/disable full ammo on spawn for primary ammo.
- refil_time_2 – refill time for secondary ammo.
- refil_ammount_2 – refill amount for secondary ammo.
- disable_fullammo_2 – enable/disable full ammo on spawn for secondary ammo.
- inflictors element – inflictors list. Player can harm other players only with these inflictors. You can enable inflictors limit per time by write limit amount after inflictor classname. Player will not able to use his weapon until weapon's inflictors will not destroyed. Player will able to harm other players in any way if not set.
kills = 10
icon = d_tripmine
skip = 6
botcant = 1
clip = 0
disable_fullammo_1 = 1
refil_time_2 = 10.0
refil_ammount_2 = 2
disable_fullammo_2 = 1
In this example we defined level with 10 tripmine kills. This level will be skipped if less than 6 players. This level will be skipped for bots. On this level we have infinity tripmines and 9mmAR without ammo, but with assault grenades. Assault grenades are auto-refills in amount of 2 each 10 seconds. Player on this level can only harm with tripmine. Player is not able to set more than 10 mines at once.
mods – for mod settings. Can contain following sub-elements:
blockspawn – allows you block certain objects from spawn.
warmup – sets warm-up time equipments. Configuration is same with level element.
For each map, you can define owns levels. To do this, simple create a .ini file named after the map with settings in it. For example, you might have amxmodx/configs/gungame/frenzy.ini for map frenzy. Fill this files with level elements.
By default gungame.ini is already configured for Half-Life. You can see configuration example for other mods in following files:
- gungame_cstrike.ini – for Counter-Strike.
- gungame_gearbox.ini – for Opposing Force.
- gungame_dod.ini – for Day Of Defeat
- gg_enabled "1" - Enable GunGame by default.
- gg_sound_winner “media/Half-Life03.mp3;media/Half-Life08.mp3;media/Half-Life11.mp3;media/Half-Life17.mp3” – The sound played to everyone when a player wins the game. Leave blank to disable. If you list multiple songs, separated by semicolon (;), a random one will be chosen.
- gg_sound_levelup “debris/beamstart5.wav” – The sound played to astrong player when he levels up. Leave blank to disable.
- gg_sound_leveldown “debris/beamstart5.wav” – The sound played to a player when he levels down. Leave blank to disable.
- gg_uparmor “30” – Bonus armor on level up. Player can get bonus armor with 1 of 3 chspan style="color: #00ff00;"strongance. 0 – disable.
- gg_descore “1” – Whether or not players lose a level for committing suicide.
- gg_autosave “300.0” - Remembers a player's level and score upon disconnect for this amount of time (in seconds), so that they can rejoin shortly and not have to start over.
- gg_endgame_delay “15.0” – Delay time at match end. Vote for nextmap and player stats are displaying during this time.
- gg_showstats “1” – Whether or not display players stats at match end.
- gg_stats_color “255 255 0” – HUD color for endgame stats.
- gg_stats_pos “0.73 0.40” – HUD position for endgame stats.
- gg_mapchange_style “1” – The type of vote that comes up automatically on certain conditions.
- 0 – Disable autovote for nextmap.
- 1 – Start vote at match end.
- 2 – Start vote on near end level.
- gg_mapchooser_type “0” - Mapchooser type.
- 0 – Auto-detection.
- 1 – Galileo.
- 2 – default mapchooser.amxx.
- 3 – custom vote command.
- 4 – Deagle’s Map Manager.
- gg_mapchange_cmd "amx_nextmap_vote 0 0 0" - Vote start command for gg_mapchooser_type 3.
- gg_startvote_nearlevel “2” – Near level value for gg_mapchange_style 2.
- gg_informer_display “1” – Whether or not display HUD informer with level information.
- gg_informer_pos “-1.0 0.96” – HUD position for this informer.
- gg_informer_color “128 255 0” – HUD color for this informer.
- gg_informer_holdtime “20.0” – Magic. 20.0 – for HL and Op4, 0.5 – for other mods.
- gg_chat_messages “abcdefgh” - Set to 0 to disable all GunGame messages. This is bit sum of allowed messages.
- a – level up.
- b – level down.
- c – do not use.
- d – up to last level.
- e – level skip.
- f – win messages.
- g - mod enable notify.
- h - mod disable notify.
- gg_restore_hp “1” – Whether or not re-health player on level up.
- gg_default_hp “100” – Default health value.
- gg_default_ap “100” – Default armor value.
- gg_icon_enable “1” – Whether or not display status icon. Note: not all mods support status icon.
- gg_icon_color “255 127 0” – Status Icon color.
- gg_icon_blink “3.0” – Status icon blink time on level up. 0 – disable.
- gg_handicap_on “1” – Level assign for new players.
- 0 – start level.
- 1 – sets the level of late-joiners to the average level in the server.
- 2 - sets them instead to the level of the currently lowest leveled player.
- gg_warmup “30.0” - The time (in seconds) for the warmup round when the map starts, giving players time to connect. A value of 0.0 disables warmup round.
- gg_prolevel_music “” – Sets music which will be played when someone need one kill to win. Leave blank for disable. Only mp3 files are supported. You can loop music to play, for example: media/csgo02.mp3 21.4, this will loop csgo02.mp3 file for 21.4 seconds.
- gg_teamplay "0" - Teamplay mode.
- gg_teamplay_multigoal "2.0" - Level kills multipler for teamplay mode. This usefull to increase level kills without need to update configuration files.
- gg_cfg_file "gungame.ini" - Main GunGame configration file name.
You can format informer as you want.
To do this open amxmodx/data/lang/gungame.txt dictionary file and edit INFORMER line.
INFORMER = Weapon: <weapon> | Level: <level>/<maxlevel><samelevel> | Kills: <kills>/<needkills>^nRank: <rank> of <ranknum> | Leader: <leader> [ <lweapon> ]
- <weapon> - current level name or weapon name.
- <level> - current player level.
- <maxlevel> - max level.
- <samelevel> - players count on same level.
- <kills> - player kills.
- <needkills> - player need kills.
- <rank> - player rank.
- <ranknum> - players count.
- <leader> - current leader name.
- <lweapon> - leader level name or weapon name.
Version: 0.1 [01.11.2014]
For fully Counter-Strike support you need enable gg_cstrike plugin, which shared along with mod.
At this time custom Counter-Strike support is:
- Buyzone remove.
- Round timer and money indicator hide.
- Goal objects remove (hostages, bomb-sites and etc.).
- Armor with helmet on spawn.
- CSDM support.
- gg_disable_money "1" - hide money indicator.
- gg_disable_timer "1" - hide timer indicator.
- gg_disable_object "1" - goal objects remove.
- gg_give_armor "100" - bonus armor on spawn.
- gg_give_helmet "1" - give helmet with armor.
CSDM and how to auto-respawn players
Plugin is compatible with CSDM, however, don’t enable following plugins:
- csdm_equip.amxx – not need.
- csdm_stripper.amxx – incompatible with HLGunGame.
There is no auto-respawn feature in this plugin . You should use 3rd party plugins instead, Respawn plugin by Safety1st for example.
This converter allows you convert old configuration files to new format. You can convert one file or serveral, by pack them in zip archive.
- v2.1 [01.11.2014]
- Teamplay mode added.
- Adrenaline Gamer and miniAG support.
- You can disable/enable mod on the fly.
- gg_cfg_file cvar for set custom configration file.
- New forwards: gg_warmup_start, gg_state, gg_player_equip.
- New native: gg_equip_force.
- Ammo update for weapons with limited inflictors.
- Show three next levels at right-bottom.
- Pickup icon blocked.
- Kill all inflictors on level pass.
- gg_enable command to disable/enable GunGame.
- Spanish translation added (thanks to ACM1PT).
- 3nd mapchoose type now calls custom command from gg_mapchange_cmd cvar.
- gg_chat_messages cvar now using flags instead of bitsum.
- v2.0 [27.07.14]
- Rewritten from scratch.
- Multimod support.
- Enhanced configuration files.
- Warm-up time.
- Color codes support for AGHL clients.
- Allow to play music at match pre-end.